The piston-type steering gear is designed for reliability and is suitable for flat steering gear compartments on vessels such as RoRos and anchor handling tug supply vessels, that require a large rudder angle.
The steering gear is ideally suited for all kind of vessels up to 30,000 dwt and is approved by all classification societies. A separate drive unit means that a flexible arrangement of components is possible and their design also ensures easy maintenance.
Depending on the rudder torque, the steering gear/rudder stock connection can be cylindrical or conical.
- Electro-hydraulic driven
- 2 differential piston type cylinder
- Working torque 25 – 1000 kNm
- For 2x 35°/ 2x 45° rudder angle (larger rudder angle on demand)
- Support and stopper unit welded to the deck
- Independent pump unit with fix or variable displacement
- Connection to rudder stock by conical hydraulic
- shrinkfit or cylindrical clamping device
- Application for single-screw or for twin-screw vessels
- For twin rudder electrical or mechanical synchronisation possible
On request we can deliver
- Motor starters
- Rudder control
- Rudder angle indicator systems
- Special design
- Available on request, for example steering gear for rudder angle up to +/-60 degrees